Hoover’s Always Ready
November 2020 saw the launch of Hoover’s most lightweight and versatile handheld vacuum – the H-HANDY 700 – going up against other vacuum heavyweights such as Dyson, Vax and Shark. Our brief was to create a high profile, demand-generating campaign that would meet three core objectives:
- Tease: create demand on the lead up to launch
- Engage: provide a solution to the needs of our consumers and their lifestyles
- Persuade: deliver reasons to purchase in the right place at the right time
The brief also had another layer of complication in that we needed to build and amplify a concept already produced by Hoover’s Italian HQ. The campaign also required activation ideas that would deliver across the path to purchase, from product research to decision making and transaction to advocacy, as well as driving sales during the major retail trading periods of Black Friday and the run up to Christmas.
The Covid pandemic of 2020 presented massive challenges to the high street. Consumer behaviours were changing and confidence was at an all-time low. Recognising these factors, we were able to identify three territories Hoover could occupy in order to connect with the audience:
- Trust and heritage: Hoover has legacy and is a brand people trust
- Hygiene: The H-Handy vacuum tapped into the UK’s heightened sensitivity to hygiene and the new cleaning routines that many had adopted during the pandemic
- Solution driven: The H-Handy is perfect for ‘little and often’ cleaning rituals – a growing UK consumer trend – with the campaign highlighting the ease and effectiveness of the product
Based on these insights, we arrived at a campaign proposition: H-Handy 700 – Always Ready.
The media plan spanned multiple digital and social channels supported with DRTV and selected ‘cherry picked’ TV spots over a two-month period. Messaging was adapted to work for pet owners and non-pet owners, in line with the two product variants available. Tailored comms were also produced for Black Friday and the final days of the Christmas countdown.
Hitting over 7 million people on TV, achieving nearly 4 million social and digital impressions and over 800k video views, the campaign launched Hoover’s new handheld vacuum with a bang!