TV chef collaboration proves a recipe for success
The Hoover brand is synonymous with vacuum cleaners but there’s so much more to their appliance portfolio. To expand their presence in the fast-growing built-in cooking category, they began a brand partnership with celebrity TV chef Simon Rimmer in 2019. We were brought in to activate the collaboration, with a brief to boost awareness of Hoover’s cooking credentials that leveraged Simon as a high-profile brand ambassador.
Aligning the activation strategy with Hoover’s ‘The way you live’ brand proposition, we have brought the partnership to life with a series of content-led campaigns that have showcased the product and demonstrated Hoover’s brand pillars of Trust, Performance & Wellbeing, using Simon and his well-honed presentation and cooking skills.
The activation has been delivered primarily on social with a combination of organic and paid content targeting a carefully profiled audience of ‘in-market’ cooking enthusiasts, plus Simon’s own social followers. Highlights include:
- Live virtual breakfast cook-along raising funds for the Magic Breakfast charity
- Instagram Live Q&A between Simon and wellbeing influencer Adrienne Herbert
- ‘Dinner with Rimmer’ – a social competition to win a meal cooked by the man himself
- Consumer and trade press advertising to promote the partnership
- Spotify playlist – a sponsored playlist of Simon’s favourite ‘tunes to cook to’
- Regular recipes encouraging people to sharpen up their cooking skills
- Foodies Festival – Hoover sponsored the cooking demonstration stage with Simon and other celebrity chefs wowing the crowds
- ‘Cook-off clash’ which pitted the cooking skills of Warrington Wolves players vs. Simon (you can guess who won!)
The partnership is into its third year and has delivered impressive commercial results for Hoover. Their share of the built-in cooking appliance market has risen exponentially since 2019. Total social impressions for the activation are at 5 million and rising, while we’ve generated over 50 pieces of press coverage with a combined reach of over 155 million.