Using social media influencers to grow brand awareness
In October 2021 home appliance manufacturer Candy teamed up with Universal Studios to promote the cinema launch of their much-anticipated family movie ‘The Addams Family 2’.
As part of an integrated digital campaign, Candy wanted to include influencer content for their social media channels. Working with influencers meant that Candy could utilise their following to leverage the organic reach of the brand collaboration, as well as gaining UGC (user generated content) for future use across Candy’s social media platforms.
Carla Elliman, Instagram Influencer – @carlaelliman:
“One Brand Magic were really helpful from day one by setting up a Teams meeting to brief the project initially, rather than pinging several emails back and forth. OBM were always on hand to answer any questions throughout the project.”
What we did
End-to-end influencer activation:
- We selected five influencers from niche categories such as interior and family, based on their content, engagement rate and suitability to the campaign
- The initial onboarding of the influencers was through a video call where we introduced the Candy brand and the campaign to the influencers
- Each influencer received a campaign contract and a media pack containing hashtags, Instagram story frames, dates to post, copy guides and continuous email support
- Prior to the campaign go live date, we organised product delivery and set KPIs for each influencer based on their engagement and the product they were gifted.
- We handled the whole process from the negotiations, payment terms, even paying the influencers on behalf of Candy.
Part of the integrated campaign:
- We maximised the use of all the influencer assets, posting them organically across the various Candy social media profiles
- Influencer UGC ads drove 68.5% of total clicks compared to brand image ads which drove 17.2% and video ads (14.3%).
Chloe & Dan, Instagram Influencers – @teampreece:
“One Brand Magic reached out to us regarding a possible collaboration with Candy. From start to finish, OBM were very polite and informative, and always responded promptly, from initial discussion to after the campaign went live. A pleasure to work with.”
Glen Handley, Instagram Influencer – @inside.number.twelve:
“One Brand Magic contacted me to be part of the Candy & Addams Family campaign. Product delivery was organised promptly after signing the contract. I received story frames, post content, dates, and hashtags ahead of the campaign. OBM were always on hand throughout the campaign to answer questions.”
Influencer results over the six-week campaign:
above target impression
above target reach
above target engagement