Winning new fans with sports sponsorship activation
Hoover has been a mainstay of the northwest economy for decades. So to celebrate the company’s move to a gleaming new Birchwood headquarters, the brand became principal club sponsor of Warrington Wolves at the start of the 2020 Super League season. Like the club itself, Hoover plays a big role in the local community, so the partnership has provided not just high-profile brand exposure but also a platform for Hoover to support the wider Warrington area.
One Brand Magic were tasked with activating the sponsorship from the outset and ensuring Hoover gets the most from its investment in the club, well beyond just the media value of the shirt sponsorship and stadium rights.
Over two seasons – including one affected by the Covid pandemic – we have delivered a host of activation activities intended to widen the reach of the partnership, leverage the deal rights (player access, in particular) and showcase Hoover’s brand and product range to Warrington Wolves fans and the wider rugby league community.
Fortunately for us, the players and the club have been both super generous with their time – and always and game for a laugh – making for some great content and engaging activities that have been a hit with supporters and the client alike.
- Kit and partnership launch event promotion
- Halliwell Jones stadium branding
- Match-day activities in stadium and across social, e.g. Hoover’s Moment of the Match
- Wellbeing initiatives around Mental Health Awareness Week
- Cook-Off Clash – players put their cooking skills to the test to promote nutrition education
- Programme advertising – print and digital
- Product promotion videos featuring first-team players
- Lock-down player exercise videos
- ‘Virtual mascot’ – adapting the experience during the Covid pandemic
- Fan comms throughout the season via ‘The Wire’ newsletter
- Hoover staff events including player-led training days
At time of writing, mid-way through the second season, the sponsorship has delivered significant exposure for the Hoover brand through Sky Sports coverage and the on-going partnership amplification we’ve implemented over the last two years.